Thursday, January 17, 2008

“Brahmins or buddhu’s” religion or restriction” laws or locks?
As I woke up, trying to open my eyes, stretched out my hands and inhaled the fresh, crisp morning air, a whiff of pleasant air usually pats me from behind prompting me subtly to reminiscent many of my hurry –scurry early college mornings.
Suddenly, my mind prompted it was a mundane Sunday morning but not after my eyes got their treat and my mind its food…………..
And off course my blog its topic! “Hindu wife cannot adopt a child, rules sc”

A new interesting judgment of the Supreme Court and the pretext given was “only a Hindu woman who is married and whose marriage has been dissolved that is who is a divorcee-has the capacity to adopt!The plea was put by a lady who is not officially divorced, although leading a life of a divorce from the day one of her marriage.

Ironically the buddhu’s …oops sry the Brahmins calls themselves the most learned class and this is the judgment they support???????????????
I completely fail to understand why they can’t follow the simple principle of “live and let live.”
The lady is completely doomed in the hard core realities of this cruel world!
She stepped into her new house with so many beautiful dreams and aspirations, expecting so much….and all of a sudden she realized there is nobody ,no one and all her dreams were shattered !And now when she wants to move ahead in life, she is denied the rights!Are laws locks?I used to think they were for the betterment of mankind!But I guess I was wrong………… (Sigh)
After spending the most beautiful years of her life in exile……….. She wants to live, experience the most divine feeling of womanhood ….yes; she wants to be a mother. Raise a god’s gift who was thrown away by his parents, but, the irony s she is denied of it.

But why are we concerned?
We are not the almighty, so why should we do anything to give lives to two bodies?
Why should we wake up from the shackles of slumber?More over its chilly winter and so it’s better to sleep……………

4 comments:

Rozita Singh said...

i like the points you made....
laws are seriously locks and yeah the slumber will be long and deep before a change in the law and order system and the way we respond to it,is made.........

Meher B said...

i love the metaphors you've used, they're subtle yet loud

Adi said...

The word governance derives from Latin origins that suggest the notion of "steering". . . . .your blog has me thinking of what exactly our so called civilised society is being steered to?

The caste system was initially a system designed to identify sections of the society that were responisible for a particular function of civilisation. As at the time all professions were hereditary, the son of a vaidya became a vaidya, the son of a musician became a musician and unfortunately the son of a sanitation worker became a sanitation worker. . . .the caste system has gone on from being a tool of identification of profession to a tool of political torture.

I am glad that you have expressed so much in such a wonderful and subtle way. It made me think quite a lot... ;)

Rebel Raised by SATAN himself said...

yes!! a hindy wife can not adopt a child if her husband is alive and their marraige not dissolved!

The rights of women india is a serious issue... It has to be handled appropriately... But very nice post!!