Sunday, January 27, 2008

A rose who made me a flower

Shattered in this new barren world,

Abandoned in the vibes of hostility,

Devastated in the draught of the desert,

I could see a mirage…

I could see an illusion…..

She was a rose!

Who made me blossom by her amicable ‘close’

Enwrapped in the nocturnal wrath

She sparkled like the providence of my gloomy ‘moon’!

Life was a yellow wood.

Besieged by darkness,

There lay a never ending path and the already dying flowers…….

Suddenly,

A fragrance filled the wood!

Everything seemed too good!

Colours filled my life……dusk transformed to dawn……..

Night ended after a long strive…

As my garden found an ‘omnipresent rose’!

Who made me a flower

By being so……..

‘Close’

7 comments:

Rebel Raised by SATAN himself said...

Well i am not into poems that much, but i enjoyed reading yours... goes for all of them! Could understand what you wanted to say! thought poems alwayzz have different meanings to different people thats there beauty!

Rebel Raised by SATAN himself said...

Oh and thanks for the interest.. I just mail my write up's so if u would give me your mail ID i'll mail you some of what i have written.. Bye :)

Rozita Singh said...

i like ds poem!:)
So lucky was that rose that grew in 'ur' garden!its how u c thngs....The rose was luking fr a place where its true worth will be found...nd it did!!!

Meher B said...

parul!!
parul parul parul.
who is it that inspired you so bloody much?!
tell me child

Devz said...

Dear Parul.. may be its just my over loaded mind or probably the lack of it.. but evn after reading this inspiring poem of urs thrice... i am unable to figure out who IS the "rose" who made u a flower...???
Does tht rose have a name..?? Or do i knw tht ROSE..???????????

Unknown said...

hmmmmmmmmmmm... n more hmmmmmmmmmm... do i need to say more???? Meher n Devashni.. i can answer ur questions :)

Innocent Bullet said...

Ok girl! Forgive my impolite, rude intrusion. Let me give you some pointers, think about them, may be you can hone your craft.

1. Try not to rhyme. Look for an internal rhythm. Read your work allowed and you'll understand what I am trying to say. The beauty of poetry is not when we force a rhyme but when it happens accidentally, quietly, even before we take notice of it we've rhymed our end words. :-)

2. Show more than tell. Talking down never helps. Instead of telling people show them a picture.

3. Pay attention to punctuation marks. They can be like adornments for your words.

4. Read loads of poetry, contemporary poetry. See what other poets of your age are doing.

I hope you'll take my comments in a good spirit. And thanks for coming today for my show. :-)

Cheers

D